Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tears and t.v.

I am a t.v. junkie, I loves me some good, and sometimes trashy, t.v. Last night I watched one of my favorite shows and as usual cried like a baby, this event is not unusual for me I tend to cry when I watch a lot of shows, but last night was terrible. On American Idol we are down to choosing the final 24, I say "we" whilst at the same time realising that Randy, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler (my favorite) do not care for my choices or that I think that they have chosen the wrong contestant. The choice to not include Chris Medina was a terrible decision as I think that he was one of the most talented amongst them and that he should have been chosen over one or two of the ones they did pick, however Jennifer Lopez's reaction to having to tell him no was truly heartbreaking and really added to my tears, she has really grown on me in the last few weeks and last night she showed that she is just a nice girl who had a tough time saying goodbye to someone she views as both talented and really wonderful. This years talent is amazing and I am hoping that tonight a few of my favorites get through so that I can really watch them grow in talent and confidence but I know that I will need to keep the tissues handy because for sure I will cry again.
I also watched a couple of episodes that I had recorded of Real Housewives of Orange County and the Atlanta Wives as well, I watch these shows every season in the belief that they may actually crack and show us that they are all acting and are not as horrendous and greedy as they appear, but nope they keep going on their merry way showing us that having money does not necessarily make you happy or feel content. I really do, however, wish that for one day I could have the cash they throw around willy nilly so that I could do silly things like re-seal the fridge or buy some new towels and that really nice heater that I saw in a catalogue the other day, silly me thinking of all that frippery when these poor women can only go on a girls shopping trip for three days instead of four because of the G.F.C. I know I should stop watching but I really can't help it, it is reality t.v. at it's "finest" and I loves me some trashy t.v. On a happier note Survivor starts again here next week and I can't wait to see my favorite villain Russell kick butt, oh and I should mention that I have cried in the previous seasons of Survivor and probably will in this one too...........yes I am a sad, strange little woman!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment