Monday, February 7, 2011

What a week....

What a week I have been having, the kids have started at their new school and seem to have gotten over the initial shock of coming from a school with only a few hundred kids to being at a school with over a thousand! It has been a shock and a fair adjustment on their behalf but they have handled it really well, the next hurdle for them is working out bus times and getting up a lot earlier than we are all used too, it should  be interesting in the winter months because no one wants to get out of bed to catch a bus at 7am let alone be happy about it!
 The other news of the week is that my Gastroenterologist  rang and said that the surgery that I had originally been booked in for on March 30 had been pulled forward to this Wednesday because my blood results had come back questionable and so it was deemed necessary for me to not eat anything other than jelly for two days followed by the joy of drinking some horrible goo that is designed to make me discover things from my colon that could possibly have been there since early childhood. Fun, fun, fun! I did learn something interesting though, when you are going in for the procedures you are not allowed to eat or drink anything that is red, purple or blue, this is because if they are not absorbed by your body it shows as a bleed, gross and interesting all at the same time :)
So while I was making a delicious dinner of steamed rice and satay chicken complete with bean shoots, bamboo and baby corn I was eating a bowl of not quite set jelly, it was not quite ready to eat but I was so hungry that I figured it couldn't kill me. The dinner smelled so amazing that I am sure I had done something magical to make it more delicious than it was last week when we all had it, I think it is more likely that it smelled better because I had not eaten anything since last night. I also restocked the cheese scone container and made a rolled meringue filled with vanilla cream and strawberries, oh and I nearly forgot the cheese and bacon fried bread that I made so that the egg yolks and left over bacon would be used up so that there was no wastage while I am unable to cook for a couple of days.
I am hoping that everything is sorted out on Wednesday and I don't have to spend any longer in hospital that is absolutely necessary, I also hope that they can finally figure out what is causing all the problems I have been having since May last year, that will make missing out all yummy human food worth it......well almost :P


I will leave you with a picture of us enjoying the cool evening air after a week of over 35 degree days

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment