Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wow!

If love was measured in Christmas gifts then I would possibly be the most loved person in the world, this is my "pile o' love"


This is not including a beautiful jumper that the girls gave me because I was wearing it! I am most loved! Some people, so it has been said, do not enjoy getting "smellies" as I call them, or scented scrubs, rubs and body lotions, but I love getting them. I get enough to last me right through to my birthday when I get more, so I can pretty much get through the whole year smelling be-oo-tiful.

We started our Christmas day with our usual trek to the beach for the kids to have a quick dip, we usually have pancakes but I was really not well enough to do pancakes and a big lunch, so it was toasted fruit bread smothered with butter and a cup of tea, for me it was my beloved fancy tea from the picture above in my new Doctor Who cup, also as seen above. The waves were massive and the kids only went in briefly but it was enough to still count as a Christmas dip!



We then came back home so that I could begin the cooking for our traditional Chrissy lunch, which was tummy filling and good for leftovers for Boxing Day, even the dessert, my grandma's trifle, made it into the next day so that we could all enjoy it again! The calories don't count if you stretch it out over two days, or so my grandma used to say, I never had the heart to tell her that I don't think it really works like that, but it was still scrum-diddly-umptous!

After lunch it was time for feet up and another cuppa, fancy tea in my new cup, and some quality time with my knitting. I was able to finish up my sock and actually started another one almost straight away, but I didn't care for the original pattern that I picked because it just didn't seem to sit well with the wool that I was using so after frogging the original and choosing another pattern I have the beginnings of another pair of socks.




You can't quite tell but the new socks have little "bow ties" on them, I must see if I can borrow a camera to take the photos instead of relying on my little phone!

I hope that your Christmas was as wonderful and loving as mine was.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment