Sunday, September 25, 2011

Golden Guitars and Baby Goodness

These past few days here at HibiscusHouse have been very busy and fun and very different to what we are used to, LovelyHubby, LovelySon1, Lovelyson2 and myself went on an adventure. We had to take LovelySon2 to his mums house for the two week holidays, she lives about 7 hours away and we decided that this time we would drive him instead of catching the train which is a ten hour journey and a long walk to the hotel. We awoke at 3:30am in the morning and after coffee and a quick shower we were on our way by 4am mainly to miss all the other people travelling for the holidays as well as the normal truck traffic that need to use the roads, it was a good journey and we all saw the sun rise up over the mountains and the steam seeping up from the dams the cattle were drinking from, it was a beautiful view and the towns in between were so clean and graffiti free that they were a pleasure to drive through. We arrived at our destination at lunch time and after a nice lunch with the boys and LovelyHubbies Daughter we left them to go on their holiday adventure with their mum and went to our hotel.

The hotel was just perfect for the three of us and even had a comfy chair for my knitting pleasure, I wanted to put it into our suitcase but there was just no way I could get it in there unless I borrowed Mary Poppins magic carpet bag, but I did take a picture of it just so I could remember it.



After a good nights sleep it was homeward bound and LovelyHubby took us home via Tamworth so that I could get my photo taken at the Golden Guitar, it is on my bucket list to have my photo taken at every oversized tourist statue that I can and this was a cracker of a way to start, please excuse my knobby knees it was going to be around 32 degrees that day and shorts seemed the most sensible way to travel.

 
Sorry for the sideways action I can't seem to flip it around for the life of me, but you can at least see the size of it......huge!! The car journey there and back did make for some awesome knitting time and I finished the baby things I was making for our friend who is due in about 2 months, I was inspired by the beautiful things that the Yarn Harlot was making and just had to get my needles out for the sweet little things that I found.


There is also a pair of booties but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a clear enough picture of them but there are a pair to be included in the small bundle for the small bundle to be named Sienna.

I hope that all of you have had wonderful days as well, enjoy your Sunday xoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment