Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I love to knit

On some days I don't pick up my needles at all and I miss it, then there are the days that I can sit down after dinner is finished and everyone is settled watching the telly or playing games and knit for a few hours until bedtime. I have my little corner, in hubby and my bedroom, where I have my comfy chair, my table for my cups of tea, coffee or if it is beer o'clock the beverage of choice is, of course, beer! And I have the telly with lots of Marple, Poirot, Dr Who, Young and the Restless and Home and Away,  yes I know my lovely hubby has the patience of Job with what I make him listen too but you know they are great shows to knit too, and he has his computer to keep him occupied so he doesn't have to watch them ( he can tell me the name of the characters of my soaps though so he is paying some attention).
I like to knit anything and everything, especially my animals because the pattern is my own so I can make it up as I go along really, I have written down the basic pattern but I like to alter it as each animal comes to life. And with this in mind please meet Wally Wombat:



He is the latest to add to my growing animal family and he is pretty darn cute too! He fits in well with his "brothers and sisters"


These will all eventually go onto Etsy for sale, but I have to wait until Thursday to set up my store, why Thursday? I hear you ask, because the schools in this state are going on strike for the day, so with luck I will have a bit of time on my hands because the kids will more than likely sleep in and I can get it done before they get up.........unless of course I sleep in too!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment