Saturday, September 3, 2011

A very busy day

What a busy day we have had today, after waking up early because someone was using a leaf blower at 7am and then two idiots had a fight because one said the other cut the him off at the roundabout outside our little Hibiscus House, and they had to argue loudly about it for about 5 minutes! this, I decided was natures way of saying "Get up lazy bones, you have baking to do!"
So with coffee to fortify my little self, and a quick run to the supermarket across the road, I began to do my Sunday tradition which is to bake several different things for the kids to take to school along with their usual roll and piece of fruit. I began with lovely hubbies coffee cake with coffee glaze and some thicker coffee icing in the centre and some yummy walnuts for a little crunch.

It was then onto the brownies, I always make these brownies if I don't there are complaints from people that I forgot the brownies! and these people are not my kids they are other peoples kids! so the brownies were made, iced and sprinkled with little dinosaurs and bluey green sprinkly things. They are small squares but they are very rich and very gooey so a little really is a lot.


It was then onto little vanilla cakes and this time I iced them using a mixture of white icing sprinkled with different flavoured jelly crystals and a few plainer ones with the little dinosaur sprinkle mix.





Then my eldest daughter and I went for a walk to the beach, we have both since regretted this as we are now both very tired and very sore, taking a rather reluctant dog with us we began the 25 minute walk there. Once we arrived to a very busy beach we took the opportunity to dunk the dog into the salt water because it is good for her skin condition but she thinks that it is akin to torture and that we should all be smacked for doing it to the poor wee thing!





This is the poor wee thing trying to run away from the dunking, she eventually got dunked and then ran to me as though I was her saviour unfortunately for her I bathed her when she got home so she got a double dunking, she has since spent the afternoon curled up on the lounge not "talking" to any of us and sleeping off the trauma of a double dunking Sunday!


This is her in a much better mood!

I hope your Sunday is as enjoyable as mine
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment