Sunday, September 18, 2011

What a weekend

What a beautiful week and even beautifuller (not really a word but it works) weekend! This does bode well for our coming Summer months although some people have told me it's a bit hot I think it was nicely warm. On Saturday after the sun had lost some of it's sting LovelyHubby and 3 of our 4 children went to Norah Head for a couple of hours too cool off, Daughter2 was with her friends for the day at another beach, and it seemed that a lot of other people had the same idea as us, the beach was chock full of people and children and even a cute puppy all enjoying the cooling waves and ocean breezes.


Somewhere in this picture is our boys waiting for a wave with their boards, this is just a thumbnail size portion of the beach there were probably a hundred other people in the water at the same time and a whole lot more sitting on the beach. There were also a lot of girls who were so lobster red that I bet they spent today laying on their tummies wondering how sunburn could hurt so much, it always astounds me why people don't heed the slip, slop, slap message but I am sure that once they have been that sunburned they will remember to do it from now on. About a half an hour before we left the waves really started to pick up and I was able to get a couple of pictures of the waves slapping against the rocks.




I also managed to finish a cardigan for one of the lovely girls from my chemist who is having a baby in just a few short weeks, I made it using a cashmere and silk blend that feels so light and soft that I wish I could slip it on myself!


I made the puerperium-cardigan after I saw it on The Yarn Harlot, I did leave off a lot of the buttons because I was worried that even though I sewed those suckers on really well that they would fall off and could possibly prove to be a choking hazard, call me paranoid but I wanted to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment